Orange yogurt cake
Every single Little ones recipe is nutritionally approved by the British Nutrition Foundation - so you know you are giving your little one a great start.Advanced search
Like this? Try these
A moist, zesty sponge mix that can also be made into tasty fairy cakes
- 1 orange, peeled
- 175g Sainsbury's basics butter, at room temperature
- 175g Sainsbury's caster sugar
- 3 large Sainsbury's basics eggs
- 200g Sainsbury's self-raising flour
- 5 tbsp Sainsbury's basics natural yogurt
- icing sugar, for dusting
- You will also need a 20cm-deep cake tin, lightly buttered and lined with a circle of baking paper, or a 12-hole muffin tin lined with paper muffin cases
TipCool, then wrap in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months
Preheat the oven to 180?C, fan 170?C, gas 4. Cut the orange into large chunks, de-seed and, using a food processor, whizz to a purée.
Put the butter, sugar, eggs and flour into a bowl and, using an electric hand mixer, beat until thoroughly combined. Stir in the orange purée and yogurt.
Pour the mixture into the tin (or spoon into the muffin cases) and bake for 35-40 minutes for the cake (or 25-30 minutes for the muffins) until firm to the touch. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out, remove the paper and cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with icing sugar and serve.