Stir-fried rice with turkey and vegetables
Every single Little ones recipe is nutritionally approved by the British Nutrition Foundation - so you know you are giving your little one a great start.Advanced search
Like this? Try these
This colourful stir-fry is a great way to serve veg
- 150g Sainsbury's basmati rice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 350g Sainsbury's Be good to yourself diced turkey breast
- ½ x 200g pack trimmed fine beans, halved
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 200g pack Sainsbury’s baby corn & mangetout
- 6 spring onions, sliced thickly and a few darker ends finely chopped, to garnish
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
Cook the rice according to the packet instructions, then drain.
Heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the turkey until it's pale golden all over, then remove to a bowl.
Add the beans, pepper and baby corn to the wok, plus a good splash of water. Steam-fry, tossing over the heat for 2-3 minutes, then add the spring onions, mangetout and turkey. Continue to cook for a few more minutes, then add the cooked rice. Stir together until everything is piping hot and the turkey is cooked through.
In a bowl, beat the egg with the soy sauce, add to the rice mixture and toss until cooked through. Serve immediately, sprinkled with the remaining spring onions, to garnish.