Smoked trout, leek and pea quiche
Every single Little ones recipe is nutritionally approved by the British Nutrition Foundation - so you know you are giving your little one a great start.Advanced search
Like this? Try these
This savoury quiche is sure to be a winner with the whole family – you can also make it with lightly poached salmon
- 250g Sainsbury's ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 25g butter
- 1 large Sainsbury's leek, trimmed, washed and finely chopped
- 75g frozen peas
- 150g Sainsbury's Be good to yourself crème fraîche
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp whole milk
- 100g lightly smoked trout fillet, flaked and carefully checked for bones
- rocket leaves, to garnish
- new potatoes, to serve
- leafy green salad dressed with oil and lemon juice, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200ºC, fan 180ºC, gas 6. Roll out the pastry onto a lightly floured surface and use to line a 20cm round fluted tart tin. Top with a sheet of baking paper and fill with uncooked rice or baking beans. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the rice and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the butter in a pan, add the leek and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-8 minutes, until softened. Stir in the peas and remove from the heat.
Mix together the crème fraîche, eggs and milk. Season with black pepper.
Flake the trout over the bottom of the part-cooked pastry case, then top with the leeks and peas. Carefully pour over the egg mixture. Bake for 30 minutes until the filling has set. Allow to cool slightly before garnishing with rocket leaves. Serve with new potatoes and a leafy green salad.