One-pan chicken dinner
Every single Little ones recipe is nutritionally approved by the British Nutrition Foundation - so you know you are giving your little one a great start.Advanced search
Like this? Try these
A fantastic all-in-one succulent chicken and veg meal that’s like a roast dinner, but with less washing up!
- 4 medium carrots, halved and roughly chopped
- 2 parsnips, chopped into 3cm pieces
- 4 medium potatoes, halved and roughly chopped
- 2 small red onions, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves removed and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil 5 Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference free-range chicken thighs, skin removed
- 5 Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference ultimate outdoor bred pork chipolatas
- 300ml Sainsbury’s Signature vegetable stock
TipFor baby, leave the chipolatas aside for the older toddlers and grown-ups and put a little of the chicken (bones removed) in a food processor with the veg and gravy and whiz to form a rough, great- tasting purée.
Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180ºC, gas 6. Place the carrots, parsnips, potatoes, red onions, chopped rosemary and thyme in a large shallow roasting tray. Drizzle over half the oil and toss everything together until well coated in the oil and herbs.
Place the chicken thighs and chipolatas on top and pour over half the stock. Drizzle over the remaining oil and roast in the oven for 40-45 mins until the chicken and vegetables are golden and cooked through.
Transfer the chicken, chipolatas and vegetables to warm serving plates. Place the roasting tin on the hob and heat the pan juices left behind.
Pour in the remaining stock, scraping up any leftover bits off the bottom of the tin with a wooden spoon, and simmer until you have a lovely thin gravy.