Goat's cheese and beetroot salad
Every single Little ones recipe is nutritionally approved by the British Nutrition Foundation - so you know you are giving your little one a great start.Advanced search
Like this? Try these
Beetroot and goat's cheese is such a brilliant combination. This is dish is a tasty light-lunch or starter
- 500g bunch Sainsbury's Taste the Difference fresh beetroot, trimmed, scrubbed and quartered
- 6 whole cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Sainsbury's toasted seed mix
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill leaves
- 75g bag Sainsbury's watercress
- 125g pack Sainsbury's Abergavenny soaft goat's cheese
TipTake care when preparing watercress, always trim the stalks from the leaves, as they can be difficult for little ones to chew
Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Put the beetroot and garlic cloves in a small roasting tin. Mix the vinegar and oil together and pour over the top. Cover the tin with foil and bake for 50 mins-1 hour until the beetroot are tender.
Remove the tin from the oven and squeeze the garlic from their skins. Toss the garlic with the beetroot, toasted seeds and dill in a large serving bowl. Divide between plates, add the watercress leaves, then crumble over the goat’s cheese. Drizzle any remaining tin juices over the top to serve.